My Choice

I used to be so weak

That I grew unbelievable hard
It was the only way to become strong
I used to have a hundred voices
All telling me what not to do
And it got to the point
Where I blocked them all out

If you want a girl who's soft and sweet

Kind, gentle, and always loving

Keep looking, keep walking

You'll find that I can love

But it's tempermental, never complete

I always hold onto something

Or hold off on trusting completely
If you want a girl who'll listen to you
Follow you blindly, behave herself properly

Don't pause anywhere near me

You'll see that I'm stubborn, impossibly so

That I don't always do what I'm told

And all too often, I simply tune out

I've been the minority

I've had others speak for me

Don't tell me to follow

I'll spark up your life

But you'll never tame me

Why do you want to?

0 comments: