Undeniable

He's disappearing
You're washing him away from me
My memories of him fade
And I lose all my flawless dreams
He's gone
I'm healed, I guess
No more holding on to a past
That never could've turned out right
But still sometimes I see it
In a flash of pure destruction
A starlit room of flowers and tulle
Where everything I want is there
And I'm afraid of it
Until he takes my hand and reassures

Will I get anything that good in real life?
Will I have what I saw in that dream?
Is it possible to fully let go
Of something that felt so good and right?

Every moment with you
A piece of him fades
And I try to just move on
Brush away the pain
Life is going on, for all of us
Square your shoulders, girl
The battles are just beginning
And you are the lone soldier
I can't let you see me this way
My dreams have ended
Now there is only life


Full of its own ups and downs

0 comments: