His Flag- Finland

Mine- China!

As we painted flags on the addition floor the other night, Mikey asked me why stars have five points anyways. An hour later, I think I answered his question. I have a lot of my father in me. First, I told him everything I knew about stars, and some of what I know about our galaxy. He was great, always asking new questions once I answered his first one. I gave hima ll the answers I could, then pulled out my dusty astronomy magazines and a huge space book Dad got me last year. Astronomy is one hobby I adore and am constantly learning more about. I love using my telescope but need to find out more about it! Mikey was amazed by all the information pouring out of me. That's the greatest part of our relationship, though- learning each other's obsessions and growing to love them! For all he knows about guitars and chords, I know about nebulas and galaxies. He never changes who I am, only pulls out the pieces of me that I've forgotten to share with him.

2 comments:

  . sarah .

April 9, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Crazy young love! It's going to be fun to see where your blog goes. You are a super talented, fun girly!!

  Pandora's Box

April 10, 2009 at 4:54 PM

aw, thanks Sarah- maybe I shoulda named it crazy young love :)