She's Already Gone

I miss the strong side
The side that saw black and white
The part of me that dreamed of things that could never be
There’s a danger in dreaming of a future that could exist
For if it fades away, so will I
I’m placing trust in a man
Who has no idea who I was and still am sometimes
I’m the one who hates to talk
But wishes someone could hear her
The girl who spends forever on her makeup
Then avoid eye contact when you give compliments
I’m the girl who draws you close
Then habitually pushes you away
The girl who used to cry every single night
Living with flashes of nightmares
Tormented by demons she didn’t know how to fight
I’m the girl who hid from everyone
Losing herself along the way
I’m the girl who had no reason to go on
Until he came along
I was so far gone before he saved me
And I’m wondering if you ever really come back from that
So much damage was already done

0 comments: