Up Above It All

Patience is a virtue long underrated
Possessed by few humans
The ability to wait for the inevitable
Is an abnormality known by little
It feels like firecrackers in your feet
Urging you to run until you can go no further
It feels like waves stuck in your stomach
Longing to break across a distant shore
Silence is golden, a whisper is silver
Thoughts retained are worth the effort
The ability to think twice before voicing your opinions
Is a superior tool to swords and arrows
It feels like a sea after the storm
The rain that makes the earth smell so clean and sweet
And I long for patience as I crave silence
A day of not speaking would be paradise
Being able to wait for him is getting easier as time moves
Much as it always has- relatively
And in my silence
I see the future
And I’m not scared anymore

0 comments: